1. Our warranty guarantees that our kitchen cabinets will be free from faults or major defects (hard wood natural imperfections excluded) in workmanship and materials / hardware for 15 years. (This period is reduced to 5 years if we do not install your kitchen ourselves.)
2. The warranty applies:
a. to cabinets supplied by The Shaker Workshop Limited. There are separate manufacturer-supplied warranties provided for appliances, taps and runners.
b. to the person who purchased the cabinets. It is not transferrable to any other person.
c. to individuals who purchased the cabinets as a consumer for private use, not to businesses, companies, partnerships or sole traders.
d. to cabinets used entirely within a domestic environment for personal use, not to cabinets put into and used within business premises and places of work;
e. to cabinets used within the environment intended by their design, for example kitchen cabinets used within a kitchen and not kitchen cabinets used in, for example, a garage;
f. to cabinets used and installed in accordance with any guidelines provided by The Shaker Workshop Limited;
g. where the purchaser of the cabinets has validated the warranty in accordance with paragraph 4 below;
h. to cabinets purchased and used within the United Kingdom.
3. The warranty does not cover:
a. items purchased by you from The Shaker Workshop Limited which are manufactured by another manufacturer;
b. damage caused or contributed to by poor, faulty or incorrect use, installation or maintenance;
c. damage caused or contributed to by events outside The Shaker Workshop Ltd control including but not limited to Acts of God, fire, explosion, contact with corrosive matter, extreme weather conditions, flood, vandalism, soiling, misuse, abrasion, improper storage following delivery, rot and/or infestation following delivery, leaks (or similar incidents), damage due to non-domestic use;
d. damage or colour deterioration caused or contributed to as a result of normal wear and tear;
e. damage caused or contributed to by alterations or repairs other than those
carried out by The Shaker Workshop Limited;
f. damage caused or contributed to by the removal of the cabinets following initial installation;
g. damage caused or contributed to by wilful damage, abuse, mistreatment, negligence, abnormal storage or environmental conditions;
h. damage caused or contributed to by household animals and misuse by children.
4. Where we are installing your kitchen, to validate the warranty you must sign the certificate of acceptance on the final day of installation. Where we do not install your kitchen, the two-year warranty is automatically applied upon delivery of your cabinets.
5. To make a claim under your warranty you must raise an e-ticket with The Shaker Workshop Ltd Customer Care team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 03300 163572.
6. After an e-ticket is raised, The Shaker Workshop Limited will investigate the claim and if we believe there is a defect or fault covered by the warranty, we will at our option either repair the defective cabinet (or part), replace the defective cabinet (or part).
7. Please note that, where we do not install your kitchen, we will not deal with or pay for the removal of defective cabinets (or parts) and it is your responsibility to collect replacement items from The Shaker Workshop Ltd showroom of your choosing.
8. Where we did not install your kitchen originally, installation of any repaired or replacement cabinet or cabinet part will not be The Shaker Workshop Ltd’s responsibility.
9. If you do not allow The Shaker Workshop Ltd’s representative to review the cabinet which is subject to the warranty claim you will invalidate the warranty in respect of that claim.
10. Any repaired or replacement cabinet parts shall be guaranteed on the terms of this warranty for the unexpired portion of the warranty period only.
11. This warranty is non-transferrable and is personal to the original purchaser as shown on the invoice. 12. This warranty is subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, and any dispute or claim arising out of, or in connection with it or its subject matter, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. The Shaker Workshop Limited is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 12262915 and with our registered office at 1-2 Emmervale Court, Midland Road, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 1PZ.